Call for Conversation
Inviting you to a Bristol Climate Movement Meeting
Thursday 19th January 2023
The climate emergency has arrived – faster and harder than expected. At the same time, the cost of living crisis bites ever deeper.
As groups working for positive social change and climate justice, we are a broad and diverse ecosystem, but one thing we all know: we can’t afford this any more.
Action is needed now.
Our Government needs to hear this message loud and clear, and we will be stronger together.
We would love to invite you to a meeting to explore and understand each other’s values, priorities and ways of working, and to find the common ground from which we can speak with one, powerful voice on the issue that defines this moment in history.
Please join us at 6pm on Thursday 19th January at the Malcolm X Community Centre for a friendly and open discussion that will be facilitated to help us all air our thoughts in the best possible way
Please bring up to three representatives from your organisation and forward this invitation https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bristol-climate-movement-meeting-tickets-471518964917 to other groups you think are appropriate, and book their places using this EventBrite format so we know how many to anticipate for logistics, such as chairs and refreshments.
We are looking forward to seeing you and to starting our conversation together.
Kathy and Nigel
Extinction Rebellion Bristol
The Eventbrite link for this meeting is https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bristol-climate-movement-meeting-tickets-471518964917
How can I find out more?
Email us at XRBristol@proton.me or book up to three representatives from your group at the event https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bristol-climate-movement-meeting-tickets-471518964917 so we don’t have too many people from any one group, and so we know how many chairs to put out and how much food to prepare.
We very much look forward to being with you on Thursday 19th January and creating something historic!
- Venue: Malcolm X Community Centre,141 City Rd, St Paul’s, Bristol BS2 8YH
- Start: Doors open 6:00pm, with drinks and plant-based food to share
- Please ensure you register so we know the best numbers for food & chairs
- End: 8:30pm. Close at 9pm.
- Accessibility: Venue wheelchair accessible. Please let us know about any other access requirements.
- Travelling by bus: 43, 47, 73, 75, T1, X4, Y1 stop nearby.
- Travelling by train: The venue is an 8-minute walk from Montpelier train station.
- Parking: There is an on-site car park which costs £1 per hour, plus some local on-street parking.